4.6 Stroker Build - Noticed small cracks in block

Performance mods and Advanced Stroker discussion.
Goldman
Posts: 1
Joined: Yesterday, 9:19 pm
Stroker Displacement: 4.6
Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Make: Jeep
Vehicle Model: Cherokee

4.6 Stroker Build - Noticed small cracks in block

Post by Goldman »

Hello,
As the title states I am building a 4.6 Stroker with a kit from Russ. I have the bottom end assembled and was cleaning the deck to install the head and noticed some small cracks around the head bolt holes on the drivers side of the block. I don't know how the machine shop didn't notice them. Maybe they did and they are inconsequential. Hopefully the experts here can give me some guidance. It would be a major let down to have to start all over again.
The block is mine from my 1990 cherokee. I bought it at 95k miles and drove it to 150k. I never had the head off, I guess there is potential the previous owner did. Unsure.
The jeep will be used mainly offroad for overlanding type expeditions. ie towing it to Colorado and doing San Juan trails. So it needs to be somewhat reliable.
I will post the images below.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.